Construction Car Accident: Use Worker’s Comp Or Personal Car Insurance?


Construction Accident Question:  Is this work comp or auto insurance?  My brother was at work the other day pushing a heavy wheelbarrow (full of wet concrete) on a scaffold when a coworker leaped from an adjoining floor onto the scaffold, it sort of bowed, or bounced, and my brother and the wheelbarrow went off the scaffold and plummeted one story and a pickup truck from another subcontractor was going by and he hit the hood and fractured his leg and cut his forehead up real bad.  They took him right off to the emergency room of course.  Now his employer is discouraging him from filing a workers’ compensation claim and the hospital told him that his insurance on his own car will pay his medical bills and lost wages.  That’s crazy, right?  His car was two blocks away in an employee parking area and he was on the job.  Can you help him?

Car Accident Attorney:  Absolutely.  One, I can refer him to an attorney board certified in work comp.  Two, under our state no fault law, his own auto insurance pays medical expenses and lost wages up to $10,000 regardless of fault, and regardless of whether his vehicle was involved or not.  Lastly, if the driver of the pickup truck can be found to be even comparatively negligent, that is, partly at fault, I can ostensibly recover money for your brother for pain and suffering, which, considering a fractured leg, could be quite substantial.  He owes me absolutely nothing unless I do.  Our consultations are free and we are happy to meet after hours.  The Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer Group, 407-924-4566; we look forward to hearing from you!

Accident Attorney Q&A, car accidents, Personal Injury Tips

Leave a Reply